Saturday, August 2, 2008

The first time to go to abroad


Hi, my name is Nobuya Yumita. I am a student at AGU. Yesterday, we arrived at Washington, D.C. First, I was surprised at the fact that the view was very vast. I moved a lot. Then, we rode bus. I talked with Mike a lot. I was very glad becauseI could communicate my English. Soon, we reached our inn, and we went to my own room. My room was normal. But I thought that it was big for two persons. If there is complaint, the smell is little bad. But I get used to the smell soon. After that, we went to a noodle shop with Joe. Frankly speaking, the noodle was bad taste. But I managed to finish eating it. Then, we went to ice cream shop. I did not buy it because I mind my wallet. But my friends who bought it gave me it. The taste was really good.I thought I want to buy it later. Then, we talked with Joe a lot. We could see a lot of pictures of his family. After that, we returned to my room, and went to bed. The first day of my journey was very impressive. I am looking forward to spending rest of day.

4 comments:

Nina Liakos said...

Wow, Nobuya, your template is very pink!!! You must like pink very much.

I can see already that you are going to take every opportunity to practice your spoken English, which is great. I am sure you can gain a lot of confidence in just two weeks if you practice every day. :-)

I am really sorry about the smell in your room. I think you should tell the front desk staff and ask them to please make sure it is clean.

Your friends were kind to share their ice cream with you! You can save a lot of money by sharing portions here, because the portions are very large. That must be why Americans are fatter than Japanese!

Ai said...

Nice to meet you in blog, Nobuya^^

I'm Ai, a member of AGU 2007. How is your impression after arriving in Maryland!?

Yeah, I think so too that roads, buildings are bigger than Japanese them. So how did you feel your bed size in your room :D?? I felt comfortable because it was big and I could toss and turn without worry, hahaha!

Ai

KANA.Y said...

Hi Nobuya:) I am a member of AGU 2007.

It was my first trip abroad too, las year. You should have great experience in Maryland.

I am looking forward to reading your blog.

Kana

Hiromi said...

Hello, Nobuya! This is Hiromi.
I enjoyed reading your post!

Also, I'm glad to know that, even though your dinner turned out to be bad, icecream was good! :) It makes me want to go to the store in Japan. :)

I'm looking forward to reading your next post!